Saturday, August 1, 2009

And two became one




"Spiritual partnership does not necessarily require religious belief, but does require people who work together for "something more." In practical terms, we're talking about getting to know yourself—getting to know what you're feeling, what you're thinking, what you're intending, what your fears are, and what your loves are. That is, what it means while you're walking on earth.

Spiritual growth and meaningful relationships develop together. In other words, the journey to your soul requires the courage to create relationships of substance and depth. These are spiritual partnerships – partnerships between equals for the purpose of spiritual growth.

A spiritual partnership strives for more than just marital vows to provide material comfort. If you want to have the kind of relationship that your heart yearns for, you have to create it. You can't depend on somebody else creating it for you.


Spiritual partnerships have four main requirements—commitment, compassion, courage and conscious communication.

Are you in a spiritual partnership? The first step to finding out is to write down five words that describe your marriage. If you're not married, describe the relationship that you're in right now."


- Gary Zukav




Dori says...


Five words, hmm..


Loving.

Fulfilling.

Challenging.

Meaningful.

Unpredictable.

By loving fully, we become fulfilled and challenges we face together make life so much meaningful no matter how unpredictable it may be.

So, are we on the right track? :-)


May we both be watchful that no animosity or fear ruin the rhythm of our nicely choreographed dance. May we not be engulfed by complacency. May we stir away from false assumptions and worldly temptations. May we not grow apart amidst our individuality. May we not lose focus on that one true thing in this life - that is to become God's glory.


Grace and miracles have been our constant visitors, and I'd surely want them as permanent residents in our new abode. Thank you for unceasingly magnifying the Lord's touch just by your presence in my life.



I love you. More. And more. Each day. Everyday. And always.





Auj says...

The best thing about me is you. -Shannon Crown


Never did I believe that love is easy. And I am so grateful I learned and tasted its bitter fruit early on. Yes, it could be as that disgusting. Just come to think of it. We have traditionally used the word "falling" in love which is so ironically masochistic and ends up as something sadistic if eventually, you get your heart broken by the very person whom you felt completed the wholeness in you then. Aren't we all crazy?

However, nothing could be better than tasting it for yourself, learning from it, knowing what it is, and how it should be treated. Love.

I strive to become a good person for this love that embraces my life right now for the noble reason that it is the very essence that made me a good person again. Many say that to become one is to acknowledge that you are actually two. And that there is so much more to share if we would take the time to merge the goodness that God has planted in us, that is Him. That goodness which we can never earn, but can only be given by Him. Hence, we become good to each other. We then turn out to be good ourselves.

More than you will ever learn about how much I love you, I put you on a pedestal higher than myself. I give you my highest respect and trust just because you give it to me naturally as well. Like grace. You don't make things hard for me because even before I can prove things, I know, deep within myself, that you have already believed. Always, when we talk, I can see your heart embracing mine sincerely, like how we restfully embrace in love at the end of each day.

If there's one thing...

I want to let you know at this point in our everyday race, that I have never really made it well with love. I have always been a subversive wave trying to break free from the vast shore which was actually broken pieces of me everywhere. But with someone like you existing around me, I realized that it was worth again fighting and risking everything for.

I'm glad you were the greatest risk of my life.

For it felt so much better than risking for nothing.

It has been utterly overwhelming. But the right track is definitely where we are right now.

1 comment:

  1. aaaawww, i am very moved by this post. gain another perspective in what seems to be an endless search for the best relationship for us... thanks for this one!

    ReplyDelete

It would be our pleasure to hear you speak.. :) So go ahead.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...