Monday, February 22, 2010

Gratitude Challenge: Day 15

I am too busy to even think about what I cannot do. There is so much more that I can do and have to do. -Auj Lazaro


I have always been interested with reading biographies without slipping on the usual mistakes of imitating how they have lived their lives' destinies. In fact, I have been recently being engrossed with watching the old episodes of Inside The Actors' Studio through YouTube.

So I thought of answering James Lipton's famous ten questions that are known to define better the real person inside all of us.

Here's my take on those ten:

1. What is your favorite word?
>> Shine.

2. What is your least favorite word?
>> curse.

3. What turns you on?
>> An astounding level of confidence that is so great, it influences me.

4. What turns you off?
>> A know-it-all. Useless for an opinion.

5. What is your favorite curse word?
>> Shit.

6. What sound or noise do you love?
>> Cheering of crowds.. gives me good goosebumps.

7. What sound or noise do you hate?
>> A loud cry in agony. A wail.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
>> A farmer.

9. What profession would you not like to attempt?
>> An engineer.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
>> "Finally.. you have arrived."

I have answered more tests after this set of ten. Here are the results:











And to hear from other people, the best descriptions I got were ironically from those whom I have always disagreed greatly with in the past:

IB Balicanta said:

They say, The sensed absence of Aujan and her sensed presence amount to much of the same thing, only in reverse. You start to hum. Aujan rises like a Phoenix from a burning pyre on the beach..

My Humanidades professor from UP said:

As shakespeare would have put it if he had as much talent as me "Verily, aujan is an utterly knockout"...

By the way, I think IB is close to being alcoholic and that professor is gay.. talk about making sense. *lol*

But here's the best description of myself if I would take it from the length of time I have seen myself in a whole new different view being soaked in Dori's love:

I think I am something more convoluted and ultimately private. But there is something that we know about each other that nobody else can ever capture. The essence of a delicate time full of ardor. I am simply at my best always when I am with her.

:)





“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

Dori says...


I am..

a believer of giving back and paying it forward.

a lover of nature, thus hearing the trees speaking, the water whispering, and the flowers chit-chatting.

a traveler, a wanderer, an adventurer, enjoying every life journey.

an advocate of peace, creativeness and simplicity.

a worry-freak-at-times optimist, ironic it is.

an affectionate partner who's ready to listen, understand and learn the intricasy of love.

a mom-at-work, getting a grip on motherhood and raising a school-age kid who does not want to go to school.

a striving cook who can concoct edible-enough dishes that will challenge the palate.

a daughter who's assisting her mom into joyful geezerhood.

a supportive sibling who's willing to lend an extra hand.

a warm friend on a winter day.

a witness to the Lord's mighty grace and provision.

a wonderful creation of the Almighty who's trying everyday to give Him back all the glory.


Self-awareness is freedom. It leads us to a purposeful existence and to create updated versions of ourselves. All it takes is for us to be open and accepting, saying Yes to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be our pleasure to hear you speak.. :) So go ahead.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...