Monday, May 9, 2011

Just When You Think You Hate Your Mother Or Your Mother Hates You



Remembering our mothers should not be just done each time there is a cause to celebrate Mother’s Day. If you can say I love you freely to your mother or you can hug her anytime, then you are so privileged. But for those who have unhealed relationships with their mother, I know how difficult the process can be. However, it is all worth it when you reach reconciliation.

As a blossoming woman, I can remember a lot of times when I argued a lot with my mother. Didn’t we all reach that point in our lives when we feel that they are trying to control us too much? Now, that I am ‘just like’ a mother to Pio, I actually understand that it was just my mother’s way of intruding in my life to stay connected with her own child. The lesson: Do not take it personal.

When you experience a shift of perspective in your life, you can expect a lot of good difference coming your way. There is nothing wrong for a child to express how they feel towards anything that they disagree about with their parents. In fact, you must congratulate yourself once you see them talking about how they feel. But this does not mean that you should let your children walk over you too and for parents to push your kids around.

It is way much better when it comes to my relationship with my mother right now. The anger that we may have felt for each other was just part of expressing acceptance toward the normal process of finally separating. But once we found ourselves already comfortable with my growing independence as her daughter, we then became close again.

Hope everyone had a nice and sweet Mother’s Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be our pleasure to hear you speak.. :) So go ahead.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...